Hi Potential Co-Worker,
My name is Abhay Singh Sachal. I'm the Co-Founder and Executive Director of Break The Divide Foundation.
About Break The Divide:
We're on a mission to connect students across the world through technology. Break The Divide Foundation is a non-profit organization that connects youth to initiate in dialogue across the world using our app & network of student-led chapters. Through this personal connection, students collaborate to create projects & we provide them the resources to make their projects happen.
As humans, we learn best when we are passionate about certain subjects. It is easiest to become involved in world issues when we care about them personally. That is why through Break The Divide, students are given the opportunity to learn about others from a first-hand perspective and take action on issues facing communities. We believe that we're the team that can support youth in tackling issues across the world with a combination of service, technology, and resources to build the action plans they need to get there. We believe with the technology available- there's never been a better time in human history to connect humans & create change than now.
About The Role:
Break The Divide is looking to hire a full-time Grant & Funding Lead for a 4-month summer contract (June-September) to support our team in creating the necessary processes to raise funding & create the necessary processes to systemize our growth.
As a Grant & Funding Lead over a 4-month period, you will be responsible for achieving grant funding targets, finding and researching different grants to build our data base of grants, creating donor relations & coaching our team to support you with this.
We are intentional about creating a brand and culture that is consistent all the way through from leadership to our students. So BTD is a place where people come to do great work and to be surrounded by others who are developing themselves and who want to push themselves. If you want to learn how to build something, work fast, & accelerate your career, BTD is the place to do it.
We believe in giving you the reigns and supporting you along the way. Expect targets to be set but for you to find the best way to get there. We also believe in direct feedback and constant daily improvement. If you’re the type of person that enjoys getting so passionate about the projects that you dream about them, then Break The Divide is for you.
At Break The Divide we like to set clear targets & start with the end in mind. To be successful in this role as you walk out at the end of September you will have achieved the following:
- Received & achieved grant funding targets for the summer.
- Created a data base of grants for the Break The Divide team to apply to each yea & creating grant templates to speed up the grant writing process.
- Created donor relations & a documented system to find, reach out, nurture, & create our donor network. Trained our team on the process.
- Leveled up our current team by leading, coaching, mentoring & training our team on these processes and anything else you discover.
- Build relationships with students and impact hundreds of them across the world.
We’re looking for people who:
- Have high energy, a positive attitude and are passionate about helping students
- Love learning, and wish to build a career in non-profit work, sales, marketing, or startups
- Are driven, self-motivated, and have a fantastic work ethic
- Are results-oriented: will run through a wall to get stuff done
- Have a keen desire to continually develop and grow their skills and are open to receiving feedback
- Are comfortable with being measured by results and numbers
- Think on their feet and can problem solve on the fly
- Are masters of efficiency, are highly organized, and love using technology to get things done quickly. We love calendar audits- do you?
- Are self-starters who can BUILD in their own time and work without supervision
- Are great & trustworthy humans looking to do some good in the world
Bonus points if you:
- Have operational experience in customer-facing roles, sales & management
- Have worked in a startup environment
- Like dessert. If you've read this far, let me know of the last dessert you liked in your email application for this job 🍰
- Growth and career development opportunities
- Remote work
- Leadership opportunities in a fast growing startupesque environment
- A summer placement where you're creating your own work
We're excited to see you grow with us!
How to Apply:
- Submit your resume, LinkedIn profile, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Fundraising Lead Job Application - FirstName LastName”. Within this email, CC email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Accepting applications until May 28, 2021
Or you can submit at the link link here.