Break The Divide welcomes and values diversity and diverse knowledge and perspectives. We encourage volunteers from underrepresented groups to self-identify (Indigenous people, members of a visible minority group, LGBTQ2S+ people and those who face accessibility issues). We’ve organized our volunteer opportunities thematically, and feel free to express your interest in as many as you wish.
What will you gain?
- Participation in the delivery of a collaborative community-level program, gaining skills, knowledge and network along the way;
- Increase your job skills;
- Letter of recommendation from Break The Divide Foundation.
Volunteer With Us
Check out our volunteer opportunities to learn more and find the opportunity that’s right for you.
Create engaging and informative content for Break The Divide’s online platforms!
- Develop videos, blog posts, and social media content to promote and/or contribute to the organization’s mission and educational initiatives.
- We are looking for proficiency in content creation tools, creativity, storytelling skills, and social media savvy. This can also be an opportunity to develop these skills!
- LOW Commitment: Contribute as frequent as you’d like!
Lead workshops in schools and communities for one of our ongoing programs!
- Deliver engaging presentations, facilitate discussions, and guide activities that are focused on our program themes.
- Presentation skills, ability to connect with a diverse audience, knowledge of climate issues, experience/interest in working with youth.
- 4-6 month Commitment: This opportunity will require training prior to facilitating.
ONGOING Program: Climate Emotions [Call for Volunteer Facilitators]
- Assist in the implementation of the Climate Emotions program in schools.
- Collaborate with educators, facilitate program activities, and provide support to students engaging in climate discussions.
- Understanding of climate-related emotional challenges, empathy, and experience working with youth.
Support the work of Break The Divide as a project or program assistant!
- Contribute to the creation of resources, supporting ongoing programs and projects, curate information, assist in community engagement, share insights and perspectives as part of BTD’s processes
- Opportunities will align with BTD roles related to our Climate Change, Mental Health, and Gender Programming, and the following departments: Human Resources, Technology, Funding, Marketing and Communications.
- HIGH Commitment: expect regular/consistent work; expectations can be customized to best serve your goals!